Bicycle of Flowers


bicycle of flowers


I was shocked to find this little scene at the end of my block.  Isn't it gorgeous when life is surprising.  On the tags of the bike is a poem that can be ripped off, the sign reads.  We free the beauty.

we free the beauty

"Forget your personal tragedy.  We are all bitched from the start and you especially have to be hurt like hell before you can write seriously.  But when you get the damned hurt, use it-don't cheat with it.  Be as faithful to it as a scientist- but don't think anything is of any importance because it happens to you or anyone belonging to you."

Ernest Hemingway, writer

A less known book of Ernest that I highly recommend is A Moveable Feast, it is not fiction but more of a journal written when he was just starting out writing.

On the first page below the title is written.

"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast."

-Ernest Hemingway to a friend, 1950

With affection,

Natalie

I'm linking with:

Between Naps on the Porch
Mod Vintage Life
A Stroll Thru Life

3 comments:

  1. That's really cool. I love that it's got something you can take with you. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, I can see why it made an impact on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute. I love this idea. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that is ongoing. This is definitely inspiring.

    http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/04/162nd-inspire-me-tuesday.html

    Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete