Painted Pear Box



Happy November first, can you believe it!

Here we go with the pears again.  This time I am going to try to let the photos speak for themselves.

You can see where I took my creative influence.

A silver bowl and some luscious pears.






natural pear stippling - heaven

simple life- still life,
a book, sage and pears in a silver bowl

Then I thought I would try to copy the finish of the pears on this box, simple as that.




Acrylic paint, some silver leaf and some stippling in dark brown with a tiny brush.



I like the irregularly applied silver leaf
on the box closure hardware

It somehow humored my heart to paint this project.  Later I gave it as a birthday present for a 9 year old friend, filled it with candies and gave the pear too, wrapped separately.  It is funny to give someone a pear as a birthday present, they never expect it!  It is good to throw them off, especially those tricky friends.  I am sure you have some tricky friends.  Did a whole hoard of them cross your mind just now with yourself leading the pack?


painted pear box

It is fun to look around and find your inspiration anywhere.  I would love to do the bathroom walls or a laundry room, some small space stippled like a pear.


With affection,
Natalie

I'm linking with:

French Country Cottage
Romantic Home
Between Naps on the Porch

No comments:

Post a Comment