Letters of Love - Good Design




The simple life
 
a packet of words

I’m a bit of a romantic.  You may have figured that out by now.  When I went back home to California recently I decided that I wanted part of my heart to be in Cali (silly since a big chuck of it is always there). I brought back a bag of letters of love.  When I put them all together in a big heap, it struck me how beautiful they were, what good design. How maybe the art of writing letters is being lost.  Will my daughters find themselves at some point with a heap of letters of love? I hope so.


traveling with love


I say letters of love because these letters were letters that girl friends had written to me, my brother when he traveled the world for two years, my sister when she was away at University, my parents.  There were a few love letters from boys and men of my past.  In this travel bag there were also letters I had written.  These letters were brought back to me after a best friend committed suicide.  Her sister brought my letters back to me!  My own letters saved me and made me sure I had shown this friend I loved her.  My own words of love gave me the strength to carry on.  Isn’t that gorgeous how the past can come back and help us in our present journey.


I’m writing this now not to bring you all down, but to encourage you to write a letter, just one letter to someone you love, hand write it, stamp it and mail it with a kiss on top.
 
letters of love


It might just be the best present you give this year.

With affection,

No comments:

Post a Comment