A Simple Valentines Idea



Valentines is just around the corner.  I love to make valentines for the ones I love.  In America it can be a message of love for anyone who might be important to you.  In Italy Valentines is viewed as something you do just for the “one” you love, not your mother or child or best friend.



hanging roses - sette design


I also love the design look of flowers hanging.  Yet I don’t much like dried (dead) flowers to hang around the house for too long.  So this was my solution.

I took the dried roses that I had enjoyed hanging on my olive picking ladder in my studio.  I sprayed them with acrylic clear coat, let it dry outside to get rid of the smell.  Then I attached one rose to a pair of candles with a pretty ribbon.
 
a valentine present

Then I can write a love note to accompany this little present.

Didn’t it come out pretty? This way your Valentine can light the candles and think about how much you love them.
 
sette design

Here is the link A Fun Valentine to last years Valentines idea, which is quite lovely and visually beautiful.

Spread the Love!
With affection,
Natalie
P.S. If you like this blog it is easy to follow along any way you choose, just go to the Subscribe on the sidebar at the very top.

Of course I love a party and am linking with these parties:

1 comment:

  1. Love the roses hanging on the ladder and the candles with the single rose is such a lovely little gift. Great ideas. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete