An Ancient Wall



The Simple Life

I found a spot in the sun on a wall to sit and write and think for a moment.  A friend came by and as usual he offered a bit of interesting information.  He said did you know that wall, pointing to the wall I was leaning against was build in the 1500’s.



Honestly I hadn’t thought about how old it was (I'm in Italy after all).  But of course I had chosen to lean up against it and think because it was a thing of beauty and because it was old.

Sette Design - note how the flower design changes

Leaning up against a piece of antiquity makes me thoughtful, smarter, happier.  This wall has been here for 500 years.  Someone worked hard to build it.  It will probably be here a while longer.  Some group of people had the plan and idea to build it.  How cool is that?


Resting up against a good old tree works too.
The sound of water and the creek rattling by below helps.


Anything old makes us feel good.  Drinking tea out of my grandmother’s tea cup, ah what joy, slipping on a ratty old sweater soft from wear.
Patina, fade, time equals happiness.

Sette Design - Ancient Wall 1500's

“If we all did the things we are capable of doing we would simple astound ourselves”
Ben Franklin

 Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment