Plethora of Apricots



The Simple Life
Good Morning my sweets.

It is beautiful warm blue sky day in Umbria.

I wanted to just pause a moment and show you these photos of apricots that I took.
I must say I want to learn to make Jam and be one of those woman who know how to make preserves and I'll even wear a white apron when I do it.  The white apron will not have paint smeared on it.





Here in our palazzo we have a big enclosed courtyard with pine trees where the cars are parked, all the kids from the palazzo play in the middle and the moms and dads and “nonni” can easily lean out the window and check on them or yell to come to dinner.  Nonno Giovani, the grandpa of one of Elisa’s courtyard friends brought us all these apricots.  He has a garden elsewhere that he goes and cures. This is a beautiful thing about Italian city people they still try to keep their hands in the earth.  I think I need to make him an American chocolate cake to reciprocate the gesture because these apricots are beyond yummy.

Ascetically note how white baskets instantly make everything look beautiful (here is an old post I wrote on Painting Baskets White, click here).
 
Sette Design - the simple life
This garden is a neighbor of ours and there are so many apricots that the branches are heavy with fruit.  I like the modern garden chairs with the contrast of the rustic fruit-picking basket.
 
Sette Design apricots in the garden

A little modern design mixed with a rustic touch and I’m good to go.

Happy Weekend.

Natalie
I'm linking with:

No comments:

Post a Comment