A Little Bohemian at Heart






Here is the dictionary description of
Bohemian.
As a Noun

     1.     native or inhabitant of Bohemia
     2.     a person, as an artist or writer, who lives and acts free or regard to conventional rules and practices.
     3.     The Czech language, especially as spoken in Bohemia.
     4.     a Gypsy


I say a little Bohemian at heart referring to design. Yet it may have to do with my lifestyle too.  What about YOU?  Do you have a little Bohemia in your heart?

Here are some glimpses of our home here in Italy.  They made me happy to play with and create.

Sette Design form does NOT follow function here... love it.
I love interiors to be filled with innovation, to look a little free, messy, surprising and of course filled with art and books.  This must be a newer phase for me because I remember being in design school in NYC and truly wanting to live in a sparse way.  I lived in a Brownstone in Brooklyn that had high ceilings, one 12 foot mirror, a mattress on the floor and nothing on the walls.   It was just lovely and simple.




Then you know what happens, you have children and a parade of tiny items enters your home.  Am I right?  Have you seen the parade in your own home?  If you don’t have children living with you I ask you for the sake of design to give a special moment of thanks, just pause and reflect.   I know I’m being mean or silly and you know what my girls would say.  I won’t let them throw out the tiny objects I confiscate them for myself before they can be given to the poor.  This week I even nabbed a tiny apple green car... it had a 7 on it.

Sette Design

Sette Design - A note to remind myself "Happiness is a choice".
I know I digress.  Regarding No. 2 on the description of Bohemian, I am probably a third generation bohemian on my mothers side, because my grandmother, mother and also myself have not lead conventional lives.  My father traveled the world for five years and met my mother in Spain so he might actually fit into No. 4. a Gypsy.

Sette Design- I absolutely love wrinkled antique linen and cotton sheets



I encourage you to go to my pinterest account by clicking on the light blue P at the top right of this blog or CLICK HERE this will take you to www.pinterest.com/settedesign7, there you can see my board called Bohemian Style.  I have pinned up some gorgeous interiors here all with some spirit of living freely.

Do you feel like you have a little Bohemian in your heart?

Sette Design  
Sette Design

Cheers,
Natalie

I'm linking with these parties:
French Country Cottage
Romantic Home
Jennifer Rizzo
Mod Vintage Life
Between Naps on the Porch

2 comments:

  1. Your post resonated with me as I have always been Bohemian in my heart (and sometimes my lifestyle). Although I live in a more conventional structure of marriage these days, we are anything but. I think the way you live in Italy is just inspirational and I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and photos!

    ReplyDelete