DIY Beaded Painted Crystal Lamp




For a long time I have wanted to make a beaded lamp.  I  wanted a tall freestanding one, but this is what I had in my studio.  The shade has a good structure to start with because the frame of the lampshade had many parts to attach the wire and beads.



Sette Design before shot
I started by painting some crystals with glass paint on just one side since it is see through.  I let those dry.  In the mean time I took a number 4 gage (in Italy) wire to add the beads and begin bending and weaving the wire around the lamp.  The wire gage had to be thin enough to string the beads and thick enough to be able to bend and stay floating in the air around the lamp.

Sette Design
All I did was add the pearls and then bend the wire to hold the pearls in place.  It was such fun to make. 

Sette Design
I did add an uneven number of colored pink crystals because I think an uneven number looks better.
I added little fake keys from our combination bike locks.

Sette Design Beaded Lamp

I also took ice blue soft ribbon-string and wrapped it around some of the lampshade frame.  Then I hung bits of broken pearl necklace on to the ribbon–string.

Sette Design
Since tomorrow is Friday.  I will wish you a happy weekend now.

Cheers,

1 comment: