Crazy for Camellias




I go crazy for Camellias they bring vivid color to any environment in the winter, in Umbria and where we live now in the Wine Country of California they are abundant.  To me they always seemed like a Valentines flower because of all the varying shades of pink, red and white.

This post I have for you today is just a few ideas about displaying Camellias, it is filled with pretty photos, some silliness and always nice design.




On these Camellias.  I trimmed off almost all the leaves to give the display a stark simple look.  It shows the brilliance of the color of the flower.


Camellias like a still life.


This is in the yard of a job site where I'm painting an amazing loft (stay tuned and I'll show you soon).  It is construction chaos all around, yet beauty is prevalent, of course the Camellias encourage calmness.
Yes Sette Design did move and display things around.  I'm always thinking of my readers.


http://settedesign7.blogspot.com


I love the California houses.

http://settedesign7.blogspot.com  Check out the guy up top he is crazy for Camellias too!
Camellias framing an entry and falling in heaps

I like to float Camellias in an old bucket.  Here we left it with a Valentines note for Zima, who is a puppy my niece picked up from the streets of Moscow and brought her home.  Zima was brown when she was found from dirt and life on the streets.  She is just the best dog in the world, full of love.

Sette Design

Sette Design - floating Camellias
Zima means Winter in Russian

Sette Design
Here is some silliness.  Alfredo (my Valentine) makes me little chairs out of Prosecco tops.  So I put some Camellia flowers sitting in them.

Sette Design -This is the ladder to my loft bed

Happy Valentines Everyone, where ever you are in the world spread the love, this is what it is all about right?

Cheers,
Natalie

I'm linking with:
French County Cottage
Romantic Home
Mod Vintage Life
Between Naps on the Porch

No comments:

Post a Comment