Bohemian Loft




Here is the loft I finished painting a while back.  Everyone who walked into this space wanted to move in.  I called this loft the House of Doors.  There are five doors exiting the bottom of the loft and no inner doors at all, except one going to the bathroom.  All the doors lead to the huge garden and courtyard area.  To me this is a Bohemian Loft because of the mix of elements in the design and also because I know the people who own it will fill it with books, art, wine and unmade beds.  The Bohemian life we all want.



There is a 50’s style kitchen not shown installed yet, you can see the pipes there waiting.  Here are a few before shots.




 I love clapboard used inside a space it makes it feel like a barn.


Here is the color palette.  The colors change so much with the reflection for the orange tone floor and afternoon light.  The walls are a creamy antique white, although in certain light they look ochre.

Benjamin Moore Paint Colors
Butter Pecan 2165-70 (cream),
Apple Blossom 479 (bright green),
Pine Barrens 437(pale green-blue)
If I were moving in I would have put in polished concrete or wood plank flooring.  This tile floor does give it a Spanish feel with the rustic copper chandelier.  The floors in the loft above are original Pecan wood.

Imagine for a moment what you would do if you could move into this space. 
What would you use it for? 
Who would you be there with?

See how in this light the wall looks more blue


http://settedesign7.blogspot.com



Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. Natalie, you guys did some serious work. I love all those shades of green. I would love it if you would share this fabulous post at our WIW Linky Party. Hope you can join us!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete