Living in the Wine Country



Sometimes in the fall in Umbria, I would make the girls stop in their tracks and smell the air of pungent fermenting grapes.  I would say that is the smell of the crush, the smell of home.  Elisa and Lucia would undoubtedly respond, “but Mama it’s GROSS”.


The Simple Life By Sette Design
Now here in the California Wine Country, we whizz through the valleys and the air is heavy and thick.  I can say the same and maybe they will remember Italy.  These two worlds that are so different, and yet we have the consistency of rows of vineyards, groves of olives and the people who always want to sit and chat over a glass of wine.

Wine Country Living in our garden

garden tomatoes http://settedesign7.blogspot.com

I love the purple black Petunias

Maybe in about 15 years my girls will find themselves in Portugal or Chile and smell that terribly strong perfume of the crush and have the overwhelming rushing sensation of home.
 
Old rocker painted grey and some Italian lace through over it.

Cheers,
Pick up a glass, harvest is starting.
Natalie

I'm linking with these Parties:


No comments:

Post a Comment