Pendant Pomegranate



I can’t believe it is raining right now in California as I write to you.  The ground is quenching its thirst from months and years of disappointment.  It is November first and it is raining!  Happy November everyone.

These photos I took earlier in the week.  I wanted to pay tribute to this pendant pomegranate.  I have been tentatively watching it remain, consistently hanging low for weeks.  To me here at Sette Design it is poetry.





I made a little tea party under and around this pomegranate for Elisa who felt sick, but then she felt too sick to come to the party, so I had it with  Zima (the dog) and my niece showed up for a moment and had a tepid cup of tea.
 
http://settedesign7.blogspot.com



I love the display of Autumn that I have arranged in casual precision.
There is fruit to eat and Oleander flowers to remind us how poisonous life can be, if we let it.
 
Autumn colors at Sette Design
Ochre, moss green, red, fuchsia and mocha brown



I‘ll finish with a quote from Oscar Wilde and a wish (from me to you) that November may be splendid, calm and full of fruit (not poison) and tea parties, where maybe just a dog is your guest and Autumn colors and rain.

“Who, being loved, is poor?”
-Oscar Wilde

Best.
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment