San Francisco Colored Houses




Recently I finished painting an apartment in San Francisco.  It is a space I have worked on before, twice actually traveled from Italy to work on the interior.  Every time I return to the neighborhood of Pacific Heights, I find myself in dreamland, architectural wonder, full on cloud nine o.k. !  It is amazing. On the top of the hill with views of the Bay, Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge.  Then I fall in love with every single house.  Watch and see if you don’t do the same.



http://settedesign7.blogspot.com
In my twenties I lived on Buchanan and California Streets, in a spacious and tiny nest-like apartment, with skylights and slanted walls.  There I had my first studio in the Living Room space.  Going to work in Pacific Heights always feels a little like coming home.

This building is beige and it is still FUN
Sette Design

natural brick and white trim
I love the stone dragon in front.  It is huge.
Sette Design

House in Dark Olive Green and Brick Red trim.
Sette Design
This building is so crazy with the ribbon design windows, and curved glass
my only lament is the balcony metal work should be a lighter color,
 it overwhelms the architecture 

Sky Blue house and Dark Teal trim
http://settedesign7.blogspot.com
I suggest to my readers, you “design thoughtful types” from all over the world, come to San Francisco and climb the hills and look at the houses, colored and curved and elegant.  You must come see, put it on your list.  It can be part of your design education!

Sette Design



With affection,
Natalie


No comments:

Post a Comment