Magnolia and Tulips Inspiration

The Simple Life
End of May beginning of June.



I can't believe it is actually June tomorrow. This means crazy end of school activity, exams and ballet recitals and my little family heading off to Umbria for the summer.  We are all overwhelmed and thrilled.





This amazing display of Magnolia branches just happened and I was so impressed with the result.

During a windy day I picked up the fallen Magnolia branches from the gutters, while on a walk to town with my sister and mother.  I put them in a pitcher on the garden farm table. Then Elisa had her smashing 13th Birthday and a girlfriend brought her tulips.  Later while I was away, Elisa poetically mixed the tuplips in with the branches. When I saw it, my heart lept. I actually yelled out into the open space of no one listening to me, "WHO PUT THE TULIPS IN WITH THE MAGNOLIAS?



I love those little surprise in life, when something simple and unexpectedly beautiful happens.


"I must have flowers always and always."

-Claude Monet

"To make an end is to make a beginning".

T.S. Eliot

Let's get a kick start on June everyone!

Cheers,
Natalie



No comments:

Post a Comment