Living in Umbria, Italy/Mixed Styled Chairs





I’m excited to show you the house of my friends and clients Jessica and Filippo here in Umbria, Italy.  I love their home because they integrate all the important elements to make a home alive and full of love, amazing food (lots of parties) books galore, art all over the walls, music hard rock, rap, jazz and classical and Filippo and their twin daughters all play musical instruments.   


Sette Design ruby red vases




A while back I painted this interior.  I think the color choice of pale moss green and faded rose pink (decided before the rose gold I-phone came out!) is a splendid combination that works well in this environment. Who couldn’t love a home that has glass French doors everywhere opening up to a classic Italian terrace.



The very cool website Chairish suggested I do a blog post showing how to style mixed chair designs at the dinning room table.  You can find their Vintage Chairs here, it is a good source if you are looking for something special.




I like the look of mixed wooden European cafe chairs at the table and also mixing up unmatched antique silverware with old linens.  Here I assembled the look with the uniformity of red vases.  Jessica has an incredible collection of red vases she picks up in her travels.
The faded green and pink hydrangeas are the icing on the cake.





I love how Jessica painted the chandelier with silver and copper paint - gorgeous
Sette Design - styling mixed chairs


Cheers,
Natalie

Ruby the cat does not pay rent help to cook or clean
I'm linking with these parties:

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Natalie. I like the idea of mixing styles of old chairs, too. I have not managed to do so in my own dining room and it is really dumb because I have a garage full of vintage dining chairs! They all need something -- like repair and of course, cleaning or painting and when do I have time to do that?
    I like the paint combination, too. And, oh, those beautiful shutters. And all the French doors...lovely.
    I love getting posts from you from Italia! So many interesting things and scenery to look at.
    Bye for now. Naomi S.

    ReplyDelete