Painting My Floor Kiwi Green



Sette Design
I want to ask you to take a deep breath before you continue on, now try not to judge me on the hideousness, the profoundly abusive, ugliness of the before shot my linoleum floors.  If it hurts you to look at for a moment on the Internet, think what it has done to me and my family, all these years.  O.k I’m being silly…kind of.


The color intensifies with the afternoon light - Sette Design

The Before Shot
What is even worse is it took me ONLY a day and a half to paint over and I went to work, and shopped and cleaned (ha!), well I did cook and bring the little darling to dance class and school and when I came home and painted another section.  Each section brought me closer to being just like Marilyn Monroe padding around barefoot on her glamorous, shinny, silky kiwi green floors.



Sette Design -paint the floor in sections
waiting hours in between
Here is what I did.  I painted the floors 2 to 3 times with satin acrylic paint and then I painted them over with an anti-scrape polyurethane, all water based products.  That’s it.  If you paint the floor in sections then the previous sections are long dry by the time you get around to paint another layer.  I put felt circles on the bottom of the furniture and I moved the furniture to the dry part, without moving it all out of the room. Plus you continue on with your life in between.



Since you were so gentle in not judging me.  I want to encourage you to confront that area in your house that you really want a change, because maybe in a day and a half it could be done,  Then you would feel fierce, and kick-ass and as sexy as Marilyn or Cary Grant.


Sette Design Painting Linoleum Kiwi Green
Here now is a gorgeous quote from the Nigerian singer Nikka.  Imagine her saying this with a beautiful Nigerian accent in English.

“Love that does not possess, obsess, request have no alternative motive at the back of one’s mind when practicing that love.  There are many things that you may be doing as well and only you are conscious of.  In this case we are in the same boat.  I’m not judging you, I’m judging myself and I give it to you.”

Natalie
I'm linking with these parties:
Click on the name below to visit the site

4 comments:

  1. The change looks great! - When I had to live w/ carpet in my KITCHEN for years - OLD ugly easily stained carpet that I cleaned and cleaned.......I became more and more determined to tear up the carpet and paint the floor underneath - just subflooring- and then stencil on it....make the best of things. I was convinced it would be better than what we had, but I was always vetoed. :) A few years ago, we put beautiful oak hardwood floor in there and I love it all the more for having suffered w/ the other for so long. Enjoy your new look!!! A change can be so nice. Thank you for sharing. Gentle Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys,
    I like to hear little stories and your right about strife makes it sweeter. In one space I had in America I had carpet with etched clouds, beyond gross. I tacked a cotton drop cloth over it presto!
    Cheers, Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great change. The color working as a neutral sparks the space. I could see more neutrals with pops of bright colors. That's a fun space.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete