Warming our hearts of the Holidays



I love December and the Holidays, it warms my heart.  Tomorrow we leave to go back to Umbria for Natale in Italy with my darling Alfredo and all our friends.  I still haven't packed!  It would be lovely to return dressed elegantly, instead of the painters whites that I usually bicycled around the city in.





I find that this year being back in America my eye is transfixed by the simple Holiday joy of California.  Here are a few glimpses of what made my heart stop and say "Oh I love that".

It is kind of funny that in this photo
the bird's nest looks like a heap of sticks
In the photos above, I love the accents of red.  Here is a garden party in our newly built Italian courtyard.  I brought nature to the table top with mossy branches and a birds nest my sister found.  When the friends arrived they actually paused and said "oh it's so pretty".  Warming their hearts I am.  It is all about warming our cold bitter hearts.  I say that sarcastically (kind of).

Below I love the hip, cool, Christmas color combination, with some berries that I did not shove into the crack, just came upon them in the rain.

Sette Design Christmas colors
vivid green, pale cranberry, bright and dark red, kiwi green.

This year I salute Beckstoffer Vinyards click here for their link. I lov ethe tiny tree and wagon.  I knew I was going to stop and photograph it.  When I got there the lights here not lit.  I thought that is ok. because they are about to turn on.  I took one photo and they turned on like magic.


Sette Design salutes Beckstoffer Vineyards

crazy night time shot, balls of light
Sette Design
I put a #7 by my front door, even if it isn't number 7.  Now it is!  The bird I added some red to the feathers.

number 7 home of Sette Design
While I was staining wood very dark, I stopped to put a ribbon and some pine with my cappuccino, the gorgeous dark stone I had strangely found on the streets of San Francisco.  Right in the middle of the sidewalk it was, as if a river had passed by.

http://settedesign7.blogspot.com


It stopped me in my tracks the "ohh effect" of this an old bicycle light up.  The house had no other decorations.  Perfection it is. I am so impressed by their simplicity.

Sette Design

With affection and joy and gratitude for all,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment