Painting on Leaves - Inspiration for the Table



Happy Easter Weekend!

I have seen someone paint on dried leaves in Italy very intricately and just gorgeous.  Today I thought it would be inspirational to show how I painted on these fresh citrus leaves very simply, to use as a little touch of creativity for your table setting or just as a vase of leaves and bloosoms.




I used pink and gold Martha Stewart Crafts paints because they have some really good metalic gold and colors with metallic or pearl in them that have an amazing lumious quality to them.  It is in fashion now to dip (anything!) in color, but here I just brushed the color on to save on paint and to make the project quick clean up.  I used my favorite liner paintbrush and one with straight cut hairs to give a clean line.

Pink with pearl and gold metalic - Martha Stewart Crafts paints
I held the leaf down and painted half or part of the leaf, it is fun to paint the veins of the leaves and high-light them in metalic.  I also painted the back sides and stems in places.  I left many leaves unpainted to contrast the natural bounty of green.



http://settedesign7.blogspot.com




Doesn't it look pretty?  Such an easy idea to make the table pretty for Easter or just a Tuesday night.



Simple painting techniques at Sette Design

I hope this was inspirational and that you have a great weekend.

http://settedesign7.blogspot.com


Cheers,

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment