What A Good Color Can Do




Hi Everyone I've been bad about writing my life is too crazy right now.  I have been doing some fun painting work so I will be posting some great examples soon.  Today I just want to do a quick post to show an example of what a great color can do to change a crappy piece of furniture into something lovely and useful.  I could kick myself for not getting a better before shot to show how un-special this cabinet is, you get the idea I think.



I love the color cornflower blue, it is a color people forget about.  But I don't, I have my girls room in this color and I love it for furniture.  Is it blue or is it violet - let's argue about it!

Here's the after shot.  It just pops, the color is so great and it makes the piece look clean-lined and simple.

yes it needs a new knob



is it blue or is it violet

Now I want to just for fun add a list of Nat's suggestions for a summer party - in feeling is what I'm going after.  Here's my list.

Make a cocktail
A cappuccino
Dance to something funky (even alone)
Get near water
Cook something spicy
Go on a roof top
Do something creative

Trust me, all of the above will make you happy.  Now if you have an courage you can add to my list in the comments below.  I know this is a design diary so most people don't comment and that's o.k.

Cheers,
Natalie
I'm linking with
Miss Mustard Seed
Between Naps on the Porch

3 comments:

  1. Take a trip to see something new, by car or plane, short one or long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you think that yellow is a beautiful color for a bedroom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try this aster for the "Is it blue? Is it lavender?" It changes color with the light, time of day and distance. An eye-opener for those learning to love color in their lives.

    http://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/plants/121/professor-kippenburg-dwarf-aster.php

    ReplyDelete