What Color To Paint Your House




just gorgeous terra-cotta orange
the top is sponged more evidently


There is still time to paint your house.  If you just can’t muster up the money or energy to paint your house, you could paint a room or how about a jewelry box!   I know, I'm intentionally encouraging you. Paint something- make a change you will feel better, summer is almost over, at least in Italy.  The antonyms for encourage are to discourage, dispirit, depress and dishearten.  Now will you paint a jewelry box? 

cool blue gray with darker blue gray
shutters and office white trim
closer view same house
Here are some great color combinations.  I like how the Italians pick soft neutral accent colors for the trim or they choose rich dark colors.

I like pink when it is dirtied up and made more manly
soft pink with chocolate brown shutters


I've shown you this photo before dark taupe and
 classic pink and vanilla trim Man! I love this combination

brighter pink with blue gray shutters, very seaside



here taupe and sea-foam green with creamy white trim
taupe absorbs color.  I love to use it in interiors with hot color close by

It is fun to imagine these colors over a little wooden clapboard house, or a painted brick or even shingle, Spanish style stucco, just splendid.

this orange-red with cream trim, dark gray-blue shutters
this looks amazing because the color is saturated and rich

pale mint green with dark green (almost black) shutters, sophisticated

white on white classic and feels like home

and here is the classic italian ochre, bright white trim,
the shutters are the dark green (almost black) color
I described above

another shot


apricot with natural brick, the balconies are gray concrete stucco




to end with a KICK
even richer more saturated orange-red,
here with green-blue shutters,
cool note: there is sheet music painted on the tower.


If you have no muster (it's hot out there) for the above then just dream and plan.

Have a good Weekend.






2 comments:

  1. I really like this post and love that pink and vanilla trim house!

    Years ago (1990s) we bought an older house and had it painted a color that was totally different from homes in the neighborhood. It was a very soft natural yellow. I picked out a Ralph Lauren paint chip called Sisal and had gallons made in exterior paint. Later that year people in the neighborhood began to paint their homes in similar colors but they did not get the exact match and some painted several times trying. They could have just asked me what it was and would have told them. After 4 years we changed the siding, so I picked out another Ralph Lauren paint color and did it again, this time a soothing and beautiful muted blue-green that I can't remember the name of. No one had that color in the whole neighborhood and for sure later that year, I began to see it all over the place, lol. If I had chose a pink they probably would have sent the HOA after me. My sons are all grown and single, and share that house now. The color still looks beautiful and I enjoy seeing it whenever I visit them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena,

    I love this story and how it continues through the years. You are a color trend setter for your town. Now remember when one of your sons takes in a new wife or girlfriend to stay quiet when she paints the house the wrong color. Promise me you will stay quiet.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete