Wall of Furniture




I love the idea of furniture or living in design being alternative, day dreamy or fantastical.  I believe that if our eyes are intrigued, our minds expand.

I took a class in University called Architecture Futures.  I was so in awe of the professor that I hard time speaking to him (I think my eyes watered or my face became blotchy, some bad action) he was splendidly smart and interesting to listen to, he believed that in the future our rooms and interiors would be made out of water in an organic way. 



If this furniture you see here was mine and not my work to be sold in a store.  I would have left it like this in my bedroom stacked up on top of it’s self, creating a towering wall of furniture.  It looked just amazing to me with the Medieval pointed arch of the balcony and the high ceilings. Do you like it?

Sette Design

 My very tall boyfriend could have hidden things from me in the top drawer.
 
http://settedesign7.blogspot.com

When I finish my E-Course on Painting Techniques (which is actually getting completed, I m so excited, please check back in) I will teach you how I did this process.  It was fun and innovative to work on and create.  I love how this look can be modern and graphic and also distressed and old it is some kind of crossover.
 
Sette Design


I encourage you all in the spirit of the future to create a little fantasy today, maybe even just the beginnings of something fresh.
 
Sette Design

With affection,
Natalie

Feel free to follow me by e-mail (envelope), or google plus (g+) or bloglovin (+) and Pinterest (p). They are all at the top left of the page with seen by their simbles.
I'm linking with these parties:


8 comments:

  1. I think the tower of furniture is very appealing and interesting to look at. It works well with the arch and I like that you didn't over embellish the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! However, I think I would either place the two small pieces side-by side on the larger one OR I would take the legs off one of the small ones and set it on top of the other small one stacked on the large one. To me, that would make it look more like one piece, which is more appealing, but just my view. I can't wait to learn how to do this type of painting. I will begin looking for pieces to work on and hope I can find them dirt cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea to take the legs off one of the side tables! I originally styled it with them on tops side by side, but it didn't show the finished surface of the top enough.
    Cheers
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way this looks all stacked like this! Rooms made of water! I'm trying to envision that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The furniture is beautifully done. I love the finish and I'm very interested in learning how you achieved it. I'll definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly decent post. I just discovered the blog and wished to say that I've really delighted in browsing the blog entries.office cubicles Jacksonville

    ReplyDelete