Little Wax Painted Chair





little wax painted chair in our foyer

I found this little child’s folding chair in the trash.  I couldn’t believe my luck.  Presently I’m using it in our foyer to hang my keys on.  Then it will go to Elisa’s room, she is almost 10!  When and if she cleans her room, she would rather clean the house than clean her room.

luminous


First I painted it off-white.

here is the before shot

Then I heated clear wax and tinted it with universal tints.  I put the mixture on the stove in an old clean tomato can.  It heats up in a second, watch out for hot wax, it can burn.

troppo Americana a me!


I painted on the deep blue wax with an old brush.  For me it came out too dark.

tomato cans can be used for everything


So then I went for the kiwi green and some yellow (separate can).  I painted that on and I liked it more.

I covered the deep blue with pearl acrylic paint to tone it down, mess it up, to add texture.

covering up the deep blue wax


here's with the green wax and pearl paint


What do you think?  Could it look good sanded on the edges a bit too?  I love the idea of a chair as a side table or to stack books on, hold the keys.

hot wax on chair


Cheers!!
With affection
Natalie

I'm linking up to the link party at:


7 comments:

  1. Cute chair and such an interesting paint technique. Great job. Your next door neighbor from BNOP. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you worked outside the box and tinted the wax! Visiting from BNOP... thanks for sharing!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the colors and the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I presently have an obsession with child size chairs. I can't believe you found this in the trash! What a lucky chair to have been found by you.
    Looks wonderful.
    Coming your way via My Romantic Home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support guys. Lisa it makes me wonder what other strange obsessions you have other then child sized chairs. I like them to put a vase of flowers or books or even a cup of coffee on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. Would you share this at my party also? What to do Weekends. Following also. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/04/what-to-do-weekends-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this chair!!! I wish I had one for my bathroom for magazines to rest on or even my son's bedroom for a book to rest on.

    ReplyDelete