Eye Candy



Eye Candy - The Simple Life

I think Eye Candy is supposed to refer to looking at yummy boyz, or girls, whatever your desire, yet for us freakers in the world of design eye candy can be so much more.  Do you find you walk around in a daze sometimes feasting your eyes on the small details of life? This is what I love about this simple life I am trying to live and enjoy here in Umbria and the world, the eye candy is everywhere.

Hot pink azaleas with moss green velvet yum!  The crystal vase is really a wall sconce that I turned into a vase.  I love it with the silver leaf table.

silver leaf and azaelas

Some days the eye candy just jumps out at me.

who doesn't love pink columns and cobblestones
This gray-green is the bee's knees.

this side mirror is beyond fabulous
1964 Ford in Foligno, Italy... strange culture
time warp

If this table and stools were mine, I would like to move them inside put felt all over the bottom to not scrape the floors and then make velvet cushions in slate blue to go on each stool.


way cool as your dinning room table

Sometimes the rain makes the colors richer in the darkened skies.


Umbria in the fog

And the fog and mist makes life mysterious and romantic.
 
I love going to work by train

Is there anything better then a red bicycle?



A surprise birthday candle for a friend?



Remember to slow down and enjoy your own eye candy -whatever it may be or wherever you might find it, that is the simple life embraced.

Cheers,
Natalie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie! Your cousin Mary was my roomie at art camp recently, and when she discovered that I have read all of Marlena de Blasi's books and was thinking about traveling to Orvieto, she told me about your blog. I too blog about our simple life in the Hill Country, only for us it is the Texas Hill Country! So happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete