Create a Kitchen Garden




The Simple Life

Happy Weekend!

I’m eating popcorn, writing to you and waiting for clients to arrive to my studio and pick up come gorgeous chandeliers that I painted very carefully for hours and then went crazy working on all the missing crystals attaching them in the right place.

windowsill herb garden



Today I want to show you my kitchen garden.  O.k. it is just a windowsill but it feels like a garden to me (serious city girl) and makes me ridiculously happy about life.  I love to use fresh herbs while cooking.

I labeled the herbs with popsicle sticks,
so the girls can help me cook


I like that I can come home from a trip or a long work day and if there is nothing in the house, except flour, yeast and olive oil.  I can always make rosemary pizza or onion pizza – man is that good with the onions sautéed first.  I should get onions for the balcony next year.

I also like to move the herb pots around and used them to make things look pretty.

mint and a stack of books-gorgeous


I put Basil in the bathroom to make it smell nice.



basil in tea cups


And I put candles and sprigs of Rosemary in my studio to absorb the paint smell.

make a wish
Does it make you want a kitchen garden a little bit?  Or do you already have impressive fields of flowers, herbs and fruit trees? 



Cheers,
Natalie
I'm linking with:


2 comments:

  1. I love the smell of basil. Don't we get a peek at the chandelier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your herbs look wonderful. I move mine indoors each fall and I can only manage to limp the chives through the winter. Maybe I should drag my basil to the bathroom! Thanks for sharing, visiting from BNOP.

    ReplyDelete