Painting Furniture




Happy Weekend Everyone

For Inspiration

Today I’ll show you some of the furniture I have been painting.

I always want to keep all the pieces for myself.  This is silly because it is supposed to be my job not a hobby, but it is like they are my babies.  This little five drawer dresser I really could have put anywhere in our cottage here in the wine country.  It would have even fit up on my loft bed right below the eves.




What is fun about painting furniture is that I do get to live with the designs for a little while and then photograph them for you to be inspired!
 
Salt and pepper shakers turned into drawer pulls
http://settedesign7.blogspot.com

Shabby Chic distressed white


I like to paint the hardware too.

Here are some before photos which are always inspiring.




This piece in Tiffany blue I did with a simple Chalk Paint Recipe:

1 cup latex paint
1 teaspoon baking soda
A dolup of water
Mix well.
I put wax just on the top.

http://settedesign7.blogspot.com

I was just thrilled with the candlestick holders because the effect came out like a pearl finish.  It was white enamel paint over a way too ornate silver finish. Then I rubbed and sanded it off on the edges.

Chalk Paint Recipe

White enamel paint over silver
 for a pearl finish
What will you do this weekend?

Any projects you have in mind?

Is your creativity flowing, clear off a table and start something that might make your heart sing.
  
Cheers,
Natalie
I'm linking with these parties:


2 comments:

  1. I especially like how the candlesticks turned out. Never seen them painted like this and now want to paint mine. Wonderful furniture pieces you have done
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete