Display Empty Frame and Flowers







Oh it is almost the weekend… and today for your pleasure I have a simple display of just a single empty frame and flowers.




I love to display with empty frames because I have so many of them lying around that I’m painting.  I like anything that feels deconstructivist from Frank Gehry architecture to Picasso’s paintings.  I had a client in Italy and I was always painting the interior of her home and her store and in the summer she would take off the interior doors to her home.  It made the energy and air in the space move freely and right away the space felt bigger and happier.


It is fun to design in a temporary way, bring a big garden vase inside (lemon tree and all), take off some of the doors to your kitchen cabinets.  Choose one wall to paint half way up, add a color you love - wax it, you can probably paint it in 3 hours.  I know what you are thinking that Frank would laugh at me saying putting an empty frame with flowers in front of it is hardly deconstructivist.  I would then reply but is is not form following function haha!



Feel free to deconstruct something in your life, and then just see how it makes you feel.

With affection,
Natalie

I'm linking with:

No comments:

Post a Comment