Design View Modern and Antique




I love this photo for its beauty and feeling of solitude.  It may be just that January feeling.  This is a palazzo in our main Piazza in Foligno, Italy. I know the view well.  I like the contrast of the modernity of white lights with the antique façade behind.  It warms my heart.


http://settedesign7.blogspot.com

It would be quite possible reinvent this view in an interior space with a wall motif painted in off-white, grey and dark slate blue, string across some white led fairy lights and there you have it.  Can you imagine it in that throbbing creative mind of yours?

Today I have three quotes for you.  You have probably heard the first two, but the last was new and quite humorous to me.

“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”
            Charles R. Swindoll

“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
            C.S. Lewis

“A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.”
            Eleanor Roosevelt

I had no idea I was like a tea bag!  I would have loved to be friends with Eleanor.

With affection,
Natalie