A Still Life of Flowers




The Simple Life
Decorating

I’m quite infatuated with the trend of massive amounts of flowers displayed in a still life with many framed paintings of flowers shown behind.  To me, it evokes a past era when people studied and painted flowers.

“If you could say it in words there would be no reason to paint.”

-Edward Hopper


Sadly, we don’t have any paintings or even photographs of flowers.  We do have an abundance of flowers around since my baby girl Lucia turned 17 on Sunday.  That is truly shocking for me to behold.  I quickly made some sketches.   I did these little drawings in just a few minutes with a charcoal pencil and watercolor, then I burned the edges of the paper and nailed them to an old piece of wood.  I liked how this gave my still life a temporary aesthetic.



I encourage you to bring in some or MORE flowers into your own living still life and see how it makes you feel good every time you glance in their direction.

Sette Design - styling with flowers and flower drawings

http://settedesign7.blogspot.com

Cheers,
Natalie
I'm linking with these parties:

French Country Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment