The Perfect Blue Door


First off I would like to preemptively apologize for not showing you the inside of this barn.  Believe me I would like to see the interior.  I'm just "stalking" this art studio.  I don't know the people who own it, use it (rarely) or live here.  I visit it often and dream of how amazing it would be to have it as a place to paint furniture and do all my projects.  I love this space because the blue door is perfection.  Perfection as a design choice is rare to find, simple and decisive, this point just thrills me.


Here are my other points of inspiration.

 


The shade of cornflower blue contrasted with the natural wood of the barn is beyond sublime.
 
I absolutely love how they put in old farmhouse windows, haphazardly installed to add some light.
 
The seating area outside the studio with the freestanding fireplace is amazing.
 
There is a stream right beside the barn, so I'm sure the calming sounds of water emanate the air when you are working inside.

There is a huge old oak tree beside the barn and above the stream.


Bohemian art studio barn

Do you find there are places in your neighborhood that you go to visit for inspiration or peace of mind.  Try to make time to go there today.

Even the overgrown garden gate is magical

And now just for YOU 2 quotes from two of my favorite people Coco and Bob.

"Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door."

- Coco Chanel

"When one door is closed, don't you know. another is open."

- Bob Marley

http://settedesign7.blogspot.com

Cheers,
Natalie




No comments:

Post a Comment