Tin Can Planters



I like to joke with myself sometimes and say “Oh I just had an old idea”.  We are supposed to be coming up with new ideas no?

Sette Design - it could be fun to paint the cans colors with metal paint too!
Well my old idea of the week was to turn tomato cans into little planters.  I was in the market and I saw these mini Roses and Lobelia for 1 euro each and I thought I must buy those for my baby girls.

I buzzed home on my bike and then instantly went to my studio and dumped out all the paintbrushes, that are kept in these big tin cans and I even opened up a new can of tomatoes (it was going to have to be a red sauce pasta night).  I was so thrilled with my old idea. 

tomato can planters - sette design
I took a screwdriver and a hammer and punched holes in the bottom to let the water to escape.  Soil, flowers, ribbon and “VIA” it was done.  I think it would be really cute to put little wire handles on them and hang them on the ironwork of our balcony in the summertime, can't you just picture it?


here's the candleholder before
it got it's new apple green coat
What I love about design is when it is possible to get instant gratification.  I was able to make this project and leave them with a love note on the kitchen table before the girls got home from school.  Don't you think us freakers obsessed with design, do love a quick fun project?



Cheers,
Natalie
I'm linking with these pretty parties:
Between Naps on the Porch
Mod Vintage Life
Savvy Southern Style
Ivy and Elephants
French Country Cottage


1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of using the tin cans. It is such a simple but fun look. Sometimes the labels on canned goods are so neat too. Lots of tomato cans are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete