Red Walls





Probably all of you at some point have considered painting a room in your home RED.  Maybe you already have… congratulations!  I have not, shameful as it may be.  Right now I’m obsessed with the right shade of blue.

I believe that there are many ways to make a red room work.  Here is what made it work in my opinion in this space that I painted in San Francisco.



The color is Benjamin Moore Aura Umbria Red #1316.  Aura paint has a thick saturated color that covers problems in the wall texture very well.  It has a pattened "Color Lock" technology.  It made the walls look richer and more sophisticated.  The room is south facing with good light.  It has lots of white trim and white doors to brighten the darkness of the deep red.

Benjamin Moore Paint Aura Umbria Red #1316

Red Walls make the space feel more intimate

Here is the before shot.


These walls look just gorgeous.  I also love that the clients agreed to do a charcoal grey in the parallel room with a pale ice-blue in the middle bathroom.  In the afternoon light the room took on a deep purple tone.  To stand in one room and look through to the others gave my little painter's heart a thrill.

            
Benjamin Moore Paint Aura colors Gunmetal #1602, Bathroom Lake-Placid #827


Happy Weekend everyone, it will be here tomorrow rain or shine.


Cheers,
Natalie

I'm linking with these parties:
French Country Cottage 
The Painted Drawer 
Between Naps on the Porch