Mid January




I like to watch inspirational videos on TedTalk.  I love all of www.tedtalk.com it makes me feel smarter just to take part in it.

I also find it shocking and funny hear that by January, 15 most people have already failed to keep their New Year's Resolutions.  I think resolutions can just be picked up again at the point of failure with new resolve and that sometimes we have to force ourselves, through failing again and again to accomplish what we set out to do.





Here are some cool quotes to keep you going on these dark, stormy January days. 

"We gain strength, and courage and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face...we must do that which we think we cannot."

-Eleanor Roosevelt, diplomat and First Lady

'To be ambitious for weatlth, and yet always expecting to be poor; to be always doubting your ability to do what you long for, is like trying to reach east by traveling west.  There is no philosophy which will help man to succeed when he is always doubing his ability to do so, and thus attracting failure.  No matter how hard you work for success, if your thought is saturated with fear of failure, it will make success impossible."

-Charles Baudouin, phychiatrist and writer

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm."
-Winston Churchill, former prime minister of Great Britain.  
                                                                                                            
I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career.  I have lost almost 300 games.  On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game-winning shot... and I missed.  I have failed over and over and over again in my life.  And that's precisely why I succeed.

- Michael Jordan, basketball player

"I go to my studio everyday.  Some days the work comes easily.  Other days nothing happens.  Yet on the good days the inspiration is only an accumulation of all the other days, the nonproductive ones."

-Beverly Pepper, artist

This last quote I'm sure I have quoted on this blog before and I will do it again, because it is supreme.

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit."

Helen Keller, author and activist

It might be fun for me and for all of you to think up your own quote.  It could be a secret for a while, until you were ready to share it and set it free in the world. Then other people might quote what you said.  As I like to say Alfredo says.  "Non sara' sempre cosi"  It won't always be like this.

Cheers,
Natalie


No comments:

Post a Comment