A White Kitchen




Here now is the White Kitchen that I spoke of earlier in the week.  I will try to let the photos speak for themselves.



The kitchen is in a house build in the 1600’s and that makes it splendid.  Fireplaces, a small hand painted church (praying room), wooden “trave” ceilings, views to die for, terracotta floors, all set in among olive groves.


I hope this post will make everyone “rethink” how easy it is to change your kitchen.  That said, it was a lot of work and a lot of paint, yet the effect if grand.

Ready for the before shots it's a shocker.  Do you like it better? I do, it makes the dark narrow space so refreshing to me.
before photo




I sanded it, two coats of base coat, three coats of off white with a grey tint, a faux effect with oil paint on the corners and then finally two coats of polyurethane.

I painted over the glass motif with metal paint in flat white.  It made the etched glass design look cool and the amber colored glass punched up to look much prettier than before.  The roses on the glass before were a pretty bad, bright red with green leaves.



metal paint on glass

I also painted all the metal handles with metal paint, about three coats.

It is a roll up your sleeves kind of job.  But I did it all on saw horses in my studio, even resting the doors on little supports of blocks of wood or even with screws poking out of the wood to let air pass under once I have flipped the door to paint the other side.







This house has an amazing room right off the kitchen with a wood stove and lots of windows, here you can see the gorgeous antique ceilings that are the same in the kitchen.  This client has a good eye, very feminine and cozy with attention to detail.



I wrote this amore because remember love wins!









back roads of Umbria

Couldn't you be happy here with a cup of tea in hand? That villa looks empty to me waiting for love.  Natalie

I'm linking with:
French Country Cottage
Miss Mustard Seed
Romantic Home
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Between Naps on the Porch






2 comments:

  1. Oh, to live in a unique and wonderful old, old, house! Alas, I am stuck in a mid-century ranch. But in a great neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Naomi, I bet you have a garden. Oh how I would love to have a garden. If you go to my pinterest board www.pinterest.com/settedesign7/ and look on Tiny Houses and Inspiration both of these boards have tiny back sheds all done up. With a garden space you can make your own old house.
    cheers,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete