How To Make the Perfect Cappuccino

served with love



In this Diario di Design  - every now and then we are going to do something Italian just for fun and because they do have a simple understanding of how to live over here.

I have read that one tall cup of American coffee has 180 grams of caffeine in it. Where as one shot of espresso used to make a cappuccino has just 45 grams.  You can see why America is so wired up.  This also gives me the excuse to have many cappuccinos a day.  This could be a reason for you to go out and try to buy some imported Italian coffee.  I believe it is softer and less bitter.  In fact I never really drank coffee until at 22 I went to Venice, sat in an out door cafe and had the best coffee of my life.  I feel like I still remember it.

So today to kick off the weekend right, we are going to make the perfect cappuccino.

tools are important


I use a stovetop “mocha” espresso maker, a container to heat up the milk and a hand pump froth maker.  These creamers you can buy bigger so that you can heat the milk directly in the container that makes the froth.

add water


I fill up the “mocha” espresso maker so the water reaches just a little bit over the filter.

in Naples they add the sugar right into the coffee here


Then I pile up the coffee loose into a big mountain.

Close it up tight and heat it on a medium flame on the stove.

Then I heat up the milk (I use whole milk, because I like the taste and believe in whole food).

just fill it part way up or it foams over


I pour the milk into a cup, add espresso and sugar as desired, then I pump the steamer for about 30 seconds and let it sit in the closed container another minute, then I pour it over the espresso and milk and WALA.

cafe sette design serves it up!

Anyone ready for a cappuccino?
Happy weekend everyone around the world.
 Natalie


1 comment:

  1. N...thank you for your visit to my place. More importantly, thanks for this post! I have copied it to my husband, as we have the big, noisy, gadgety, coffee/espresso machine, but also own the stove top pot. We have never been quite sure how to do this, and have only really used it or a vintage coffee percolating pot, on the gas stove, when the power was out! I look forward to trying it "Naples style" now that we have such great instructions....k

    ReplyDelete