Some Italian Furniture Design






glass draw pull - a nice detail


I believe that design preference is often just a contrasting reaction to the generation that came before us.

Our eyes want to see something new.

What’s nice about design now is that it is a big mix up, something old, and something new.  A little modern – clean line next to ornate with color, smooth and shiny paired with old and worn.

Today we are going to take a look at a store I love Savini here in Foligno.  The owner Grazia has a wonderful eye for design.  Keep in mind we are in Umbria, although there are many cities it is not Milan or Rome.  Umbria is the only region in Italy that the land does not touch a sea.  This I believe (since I'm a San Francisco girl) grandly affects people mindset.



black and white check chair comfortable and simple

love this little chair for in front of the fireplace

Eco Christmas tree a decorated branch -gorgeous!

I like the idea to hang a love note or gift in mesh bag



dark red always a good accent color -the lamp is made of thread spools 



wooden table framed in metal very masculine



this door I painted in gold paint, then gold leaf and antiqued


colored glass is always timeless


way cool shelf in aged mirror



gray distressed wood dresser - I like it for the kitchen


page holder and weighty letter opener a great gift for the book worm 



little metal table paired with folding wooden chair


off white-gray wood table and chairs

Was that fun, see anything that could go in your home?
Natalie





  




3 comments:

  1. ahhh, now I see the bookmark and letter opener. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying for that gray dresser. Any idea where I can find anything like that? Even one with just that shape that I could stain or paint?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each individual element utilizes a newly developed double tongue and groove system. The setup works without any hardware and no tools are needed for construction.Demir Leather

    ReplyDelete