A Golden Bridge





medieval wall


I am a single Mom, I live in a foreign country and I have many difficult situations in my life.  Yet I also have a cool job, a good man, two terrific daughters and a funny hamster named Coco.

Plus I live in a Gothic Palazzo in front of a golden bridge. It helps to keep a down right, positive, crazy romantic perspective on my life. Why not?  What’s the harm? 


golden bridge
 


“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.”

-Anais Nin, Writer

Do you believe that?  It is definitely a thought to consider.  I think I better think about that quote some more and maybe "get my butt moving".

This weekend parked below my studio window was a VW with the word Speranza on the back window.  Speranza means hope in Italian.  That’s pretty cool to have parked below my window, no?  Someone else who didn't need the hope might not appreciate the hours that Speranza was waiting below my window.  If you look closely you can also see the reflection of a blue sky.


hope


It was a very rainy weekend, later the sun came out and turned our bridge gold.  Then forming above the bridge, up came a rainbow, the full arch.  Moments later, looking out the window with my daughter Lucia and her friend Shakti we watched while a double arched rainbow appeared.  I told the girls it could be a long time before they might see a full double arched rainbow again.  Savor this moment.




Then Sunday night it dusted thick powdered sugar snow all over the mountains surrounding our valley.


The festivities are here.

Natalie

1 comment:

  1. I love that you start out with "courage" and move on to "hope". Both are necessary to have a fulfilling life.

    ReplyDelete