Easter Bird Branch Craft Project



Easter


For years I have wanted to do this project.  I wanted to decorate a branch with eggs and birds.  Every year we like to blow eggs and paint and dye them, so we have a nice collection that usually sit in a bowl at Easter time.  Some of these are painted with acrylics and some even have clear nail polish over the top to make them glow.

Easter FUN



First I found a nice branch on the river and painted it light blue with a high light of moss green.

gold and red


For the eggs the girls and I used the hot glue gun (a must buy for you craft freakers) to attach some white thread to the top of the egg.  While the glue was still warm we pressed the thread in (careful not to burn our fingers).  We placed them on cookie cutters while they dried, to keep them upright. They didn’t come out straight and some hung awkardly.  I told the girls I wanted them straight.  They chimed in “You say imperfection is beautiful."  Oh my own words come back to get me.   Thank you my darlings for reminding me, imperfection lets the soul in.  Honestly who wants to be around someone perfect?

lucia gunning it up



string attached with hot glue


I put the branch in my grandmothers wedding teapot which was designed by Paul Revere (yes the famous Paul of the “The British are coming,” he called to warn his fellow Americans of the revolutionary war arriving, while traveling the Eastern sea board by horse.  He was also a blacksmith and in my belief a damn good designer.  I had to put a bunch of river stones in the teapot so the whole contraption wouldn’t fall over.  I suggest to my readers that you find a symmetrical branch.

cool that egg  looks like it's suspended in space


can't wait to see what color the tulips are


egg with clear nail polish finish


HAPPY EASTER


This project looks even prettier in real life.  It truly makes our hearts filled with joy.

Natalie

I'm Linking up with:

1 comment: