Painted Shoe Boxes - 7th Day of Spring



gray painted shoe boxes
Happy 7th Day of Spring

I was too crazy painting a retail store last week to post a celebration.  The 7th Day of Spring because this is Sette Design, 7 because there are 7 colors in the rainbow and because 7 is way cool.  Later I’ll show you the store because it came out quite modern and rich.

Elisa's little hand full of spring


All of you who do not want to do any Spring cleaning, (that's me!).  Here is a fun idea.  Paint shoe boxes instead and organize something in your life.  It is that simple to feel that you are reaching a little closer to spring.

Here is the before photo.

all the different colors make the boxes look cluttered

To me it didn’t matter what size they were I just wanted the shoe boxes all the same color, so that they would look more like a group. I picked gray because I like it as a neutral, it makes color pop.  I painted a basket the same color too.

One had a gold lid that I liked so I let the gold show a bit.

uniformity makes good design


i let the brushstroke show


Color or pattern can look good peaking through, if you paint the boxes lightly or patchy in some areas. I use one coat in some spots, 2 in others.   A clear coat of polyurethane and they will last longer under use.

and happy Easter too!


Happy 7th Day of Spring chile beans!

Natalie

I'm linking to these link parties:

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Everyone has shoe boxes they throw away or don't know what to do with. And they are made so well and are the perfect size for all those bits and bobbles.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete