Contrast



yellow and white field with fruit trees

we all have an orange ladder and a yellow path in our grasp


I had to go to Spello today.  I took the bike, it didn't rain (since it did last night) and there were sure signs of spring.  I felt a little like I was in heaven.


Umbria and a flash of color


this guy is doing something cool with the fruit trees as vines


the rosemary is blooming


I do love this little bridge, I already crossed over

We have had a long rainy. cold, gray winter here in Italy.  For a while we had no Pope and we still have what you might call "not a government".  I'll just say they fight a lot.

I don't want you to get any romantic ideas about Foligno, Italy.  So I'm going to burst the bubble, I want to show you some of our reality.

Then maybe I'll go back to being a good girl.

One friend says can't you write a blog on Foligno because then maybe you could make it pretty.  They are working on the sewer system and the streets for YEARS.  You literally can't get through it, or you thought you could get through because you did an hour ago, and I'm talking on foot, forget the car.  It is hard not to go completely insane.  The only thing they can do fast in this country is down an espresso in 2.5 seconds, that is after stirring in the sugar for 1 minute and then thinking about it and caressing the cup for another half a minute then boom it's down.   I know, I know you are thinking about the Lamborghini's and Ferrari's and maybe other events I did not mention.

here's our main piazza.  how did they even get the trucks there? not by crain as usual


I guess I won't go to the market this way.


don't think about going to church to pray 


oh and here' behind my house, they are very good at moving dirt for months


On a design level Contrast is just lovely.

It is important to have a plan that works and functions.  If it isn't functioning then, guess what you can change the plan.  It's called Plan B.

You know what is so funny.  In my own life I often forget about Plan B.  I get so concentrated on making Plan A work, forcing it to work.  Then I remember I can twist my brain a little and it is such a splendid surprise to realize that Plan B is better.

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment