Painting A Shutter



outside my balcony is a river the flows to Rome
I wanted to change the space by my balcony now that it is spring.  It has been a long rainy winter here in Umbria and the humidity was too much in the space.  I had to take everything away from the wall.  I live in a Gothic Palazzo with two feet thick stone walls, many of which are facing north and get little direct sun.  Plus there was no sun!

I had a lot of fun these days, because I cut loose and painted a woman in vines on this inner shutter.  Recently I am really caught up in vines.  Anyone out there feel like they are interlaced in vines?  It isn’t a good feeling, but I will spare you the difficulties of my life.  I wanted to make my woman in vines seem like she was hidden behind an old Venetian stucco wall.

here' my girl in vines


Here is the space before and also the shutter before.

the space before

the inner shutter before

Now I can use the space, have a cup of tea and write in my diary, breath in the smell of the spring flowers and rest assured that I will work my way out of the vines and into the garden of my future.

I love the roses with the mixed motif

detail



Cheers.

Natalie

I am linking to:

1 comment:

  1. What a great little corner! Love that painted shutter and it looks fantastic with the red chair! Life to the full@ Melissa

    ReplyDelete