French Style with a Modern Twist



French Style painted credenza

Happy Weekend everyone!

It is a gorgeous autumn day here in Umbria, cool in the morning and probably will get hot later.

We could call this Italian Style if we wanted to because it sure is an old piece of country Italian furniture. 

Here I took this old dark wood credenza or hutch and gave it a freshening up.  It is amazing to me how this helps to lighten up a room.  Now the piece glows!

I sanded the piece a bit, to clean it up.

here is the before shot


First I painted on some anti termite solution, because as you can see there are little pinholes in the wood.  It may not have been necessary because I did not see wood dust.  If you see wood dust in little piles then it means your furniture is being eaten by termites.  This can spread all through your house if you are unlucky.  The best idea is to then suffocate the piece of furniture in plastic for two weeks to be extra safe.  It is really easy to paint on but stinky, so do it outside if possible.

Then I painted two base coats of white.

painted with primer

Then two coats of this gorgeous light gray acrylic paint.

I painted the detailing an ice-gray-blue.

Then on the corners and edges of the detailing and moldings, I irregularly painted and rubbed on pearl acrylic paint.


painted furniture in pearl and ice blue

 What do you think?  Did it come out pretty?



Enjoy the fresh Autumn air because here we are in fall.
Cup of tea…anyone?  Makes me think I should host a little tea party with my girls.

With affection,
Natalie

I'm linking with these lovely ladies and their link parties:

2 comments: