Holding on to Summer The Simple Life no. 5



eating outside
I don't want Summer to be over, not yet.


warm if not hot evenings


My girls are all excited for Fall, they want brown bread dunked in hot chocolate in the morning and minestra (broth with tiny pasta) for lunch, the teenager is dreaming of sweaters, the boyfriend big sweater look.



check out this patina

I’m holding on to Summer.  I’m not ready yet, it was just too long and rainy a Winter here.  I need more time.

sunflowers on our kitchen table


I love the droppings of yellow pollen

Autumn in Umbria, Italy is a vivid, splendid time of year.  It is when we get that famous golden light.  If you want to come to Italy this is the time of year to visit, it is sure to be beautiful.


overflowing flowers
 Plus I finally got my studio all organized and pretty I don’t want it to get cold and dark in there.  I’m thinking I might put up blue lead lights to make it cool and hip and cozy.  

In Summer the sea is warm.

Adriatic Sea

I can have a cappuccino outside before all the tables get dragged away.



With affection,

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment