Styling Empty Frames



candles, little bottles and pink flowers 




It is going to be a gorgeous day here in Umbria.  I’m silly about the weather and think about it way too much.  When I was young I wanted to be a meteorologist.  I’m really glad I changed my mind.   I have one friend who thinks what you wanted to be as a child does reflect who you become.  He says, "I should have known I would be gay when I was always rearranging my bedroom at 8 years old!"  He became a photographer.

I go crazy for the this pink and gold 


if only  I could have an armoire or dresser
 in the same chippy style
Today I want to do a post of showing how I love empty picture frames.  I have done this for years way before it was in style (hasn’t it always been in style?).  Well before people used to come into our home and say, “What’s going on?”  I would respond, “There you can see the future”.

old antique frame from from the 1700's
with little mirrors and chalk drawn on the wall

this is where we leave our keys

cool reflection


and reflecting the painting in front of it.


Plus I love the massiveness of empty walls and I believe in lots of good art and beautiful photographs. 

This gorgeous little gold frame I brought in Ecuador with the same friend who became a photographer.  He was such a jerk, when I said I didn't want to buy it because I would have to carry it all the way home.  He said, "You can enjoy it for the rest of your life, or regret it for the rest of your life".

gold frame and hand painted walls


painted olives bring peace



Sometimes I put this little photo I took of Elisa, she was so tiny then.

To me empty frames are just fun to play around with.

here's in my studio with a inner frame,
photo, plus wire, crystal and ripped velvet ball

that's me at 13.  I'm glad I didn't become a meteorologist
or a ballerina


Empty frames they may be temporary and on their way to becoming part of something more important.




Cheers,
Natalie

I'm linking with:

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved empty frames. You have some beautiful ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Natalie. Please come to my house and paint those whimsical little curlicue frame around petite oil paintings of Umbria that I bought in Assisi during our trip if a lifetime! I miss you. Your blog is so lovely. Ps you need to be Instagramming too! Please. With love and encouragement. Xoxo Mary

    ReplyDelete