Shabby Chic Ideas





some shabby chi ideas 


Happy International Woman’s Day


Here in Italy the men bring a spruce of Mimosa to the woman that are important to them.  It is a symbol that they respect and love us and acknowledge that there should be more justice and equality for woman all over the world.  I concur.

cappuccino anyone?


I’ll try to keep this post short today because I’m rushing off to work on someone’s window displays.

I put together this scene to reflect some Shabby Chic ideas that I have.  If you follow this blog at all you might know that I like things easy and fun.

A old wicker chair with a beautiful Italian lace thrown over it, cushions underneath.

An old inner window shutter plastered with Venetian Stucco and gold leaf with some pearl paint, white paint and gold leaf.

I like the little bit of ochre that there was

A chair that was crying for a Shabby Chic look because it already had a good patina on it.  All I did here was add some cream-white paint a bit of pearl (yes I’m obsessed with pearl).  Then I sanded the edges, put a piece of fleece as stuffing and hot glue gunned on a piece of moss green velvet.  Isn’t it pretty I love a quick transformation.

shabby chic in process


see how I left the patina


shabby chic chair detail


A candle holder painted pale green and wired with old lamp crystals.

old lamp crystals love the greens together


A table made from a big bucket of paint a piece of wood on top and a pale taupe piece of linen.

finally one of my tulips is blooming


I like the parallel of pattern on the chair and shutter


Cheers everyone
Buona Festa della Donna

Natalie

I'm Linking up to:
Between Naps On The Porch

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to show this to my hubby so he'll bring me a mimosa! This looks like the perfect place to enjoy it! Glad you joined our spring party.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete