Can We Talk Pink





fiat 500


My sister and older daughter Lucia hate pink, it must be some kind of intellectual aversion, they are both proclaimed bookworms.  I am starting to love it, haha!  I think people who hate pink are sort of proud to hate pink, what’s up with that?  But wait didn’t I earlier in this blog claim that yellow was just generally no good, then I back peddled tremendously and said vanilla was o.k. and ochre too.

So this week while out and gallivanting around, I came across a pale-pink metallic Fiat Cinquecento.  I stopped in my tracks with my mouth agape.  It was just stupendous.  And thus I became inspired to talk and think about pink.

the pink brick from Assisi




my favorite velvet and pink silk robe, throw blanket from ikea


evening pink street, o.k it' kinda lavender


Since living in this country I have come to love pink, Italy knows how to do pink, from the men who casually and sophisticatedly wear pink scarves (think black hair, olive skin) around their necks, pink pants, pink palazzos, pink brick (famous and from Assisi), beautiful old terra cotta pink floors.

my daughter elisa's natural pink lips



soft pink palazzo with dark taupe - yes!



trick of the sunset, palazzo is yellow, my kitchen is grey and white


sorry i cut off the arch - bad girl
dark wood reflected pink


Back when I was young and I lived in Brooklyn, NYC going to art school.  I lived in a gorgeous brownstone.  The owners, previous architectural students, becoming misguided architects painted our inner curving staircase walls wedding cake pink, Barbie pink! They claimed it was historically correct, but my point back then was it didn’t look good, it seemed off, big time.  We were in the ghetto in Brooklyn it looked like a brothel.  You can’t ignore that there is a ghetto outside your front door.  What I am getting at here is that where and how pink is used is important.  It is a color that there must be some consideration behind.  I don’t believe that the Fiat Cinquecento originally came in pale-metallic pink.  I could be wrong but, slim chance it was a historical color for that car.  Now doesn’t that car look fantastic, courageous, funny.  Don’t you want to know the driver of that car.  And what’ cool is since we are in Italy, it could be anybody, an old man, a young hipster, a nonna.  Whomever it is they have style and they understand pink.

fiat cinquecento, it even has a sun roof


Natale



2 comments:

  1. Ohhh! The cinquecento, soooo typically Italian :).

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title definitely speaks for itself because of all pink I see. From a dress, car, building, and this surpirse me, a pink looking light on the street. I wonder what time of day. I can actually see this. All in all, this is a great post about pink and I think your window will be good in pink also. > > Joann Winton @ AJCRoofing.com

    ReplyDelete