Living in Design - a home tour in little glimpses


pink, red, and ocher


What is living in design?

i like to make things in wire

Most of our furniture I found on the street near the trash bins (then of course I painted it) or I made it. 


the girl and the dog


It is nice to have beautiful art. 

the inner courtyard is yellow- this is the sun set and fog making it pink 


The palazzo we live in is 800 years old.  It is Gothic and built of pink stone.  In the front it has pointy arched windows, 2 feet thick walls, high ceilings, low doorways.  People were short back then, my boyfriend Alfredo is very tall, he just passes under the doorways.


lucia's bed, i designed it back in California when she was 3

Colored walls.

mirrors and candles sticks I made, if you sand the edge of the mirror it fogs it

The girls and I have the ability to destroy a clean house within three hours, it is quite a shame.

furniture in my studio being painted


Our home is never very organized (thus the glimpses).  I like to joke with friends, come over to our messy house for a cup of tea.  It will make you feel good about your self.

classic school chair painted like a doll house

Music playing.

flower pots waiting to be painted

Home made bread in the oven raising.

alfredo taped up some inspiration for me on my olive ladder


Books.

i have a lot of paint brushes

I turned our living room into my paint studio and put a sofa in the kitchen.

lucia loves to make cushions

Flowers and candles make people happy, even if they don’t know it.

i don't smoke cigars, but i do wear pearls

What is living in design to you?
Natalie 

No comments:

Post a Comment