A Little Color Inspiration For These Dark Days



Tangerine is a pretty good word too!


Tangerines are called CLEMENTINI in Italian.  Isn't that a pretty word.  It's just like it sounds, like most Italian, no tricks.  The clementini possibly have the most perfect leaves of all.  I love to paint tangerine leaves.  My girls and I take off the shiny leaves and put them in our pockets to bring good luck, all day long.

It's been stormy here.

everyone wants gray walls and furniture it looks good with bright color

The sky often looks like this.


Monte Pale dusted white

These last few days it snowed all over the mountains, but still not in the valley like I wish.


Foligno

Isn't Foligno pretty.  Foligno is a hidden secret, there are too many other famous hill towns around like Assisi.  In Foligno the people are cooler also.


oh delicious tones of red



clementini with perfect large leaves


shades of green with unfinished wood


and pink with bright green


love the purple and pink



paint or bake or eat raw?

Does it make you want to paint an apple or think about cooking an apple pie?  I make a really good apple cake with raisins, walnuts and tons of apples - it's addictive.  I'm supposed to get in my studio but it makes me want to bake instead.

My studio is a bit big and cold recently see above photos for verification.  I think I better warm it up with a hot cup of tea and some music played loud - always.

Carry on.

Natalie


1 comment:

  1. N....wonderful post! Cool and gray...and then POPs of bright floral color...thank you for sharing! k

    ReplyDelete