Color Inspiration Robin Red, Moss Green




robin red, taupe, mocha, and dark earth
 

I was alone this morning, not working and sitting at the kitchen table with my cappuch (cappuccino) when suddenly a robin flew on to our windowsill herb garden and just hung out there for a moment looking at me.  When she left, right away I went and got some of Coco’s (our hamster) seeds and put them on the windowsill, not because I have become an Italian Mama and want to feed everyone.  I don’t even believe in domesticating free animals.  Why, because I want her to come back so I can look at her colors better.  They are something like the palette above.  Man, that rusted red, mocha brown, rich earth, and warm taupe are so hip together.  I can just see a library or kitchen in those colors.

Then after my cappuch I got up the muster to go for a “little” run.  The fog was in deep and I ran along the river heading toward our beach, that my daughter Elisa has named the beach Splash Splash Splash Splash.  I love that name because it is not a splashy beach.   In fact it is not even a beach.  I force the girls to call it a beach so I can say, wanna go to the beach? We are California girls suffering in Umbria.  It is really an outlet of pebbly land.

moss green, kiwi green metallic grey-green bedroom? 


As I ran among the gray fog, green river and mossy grasses, I came across a huge swan right in the middle of the path.  What the freak kind of bird day is this?  So guess what and you are going to be so disappointed in me, I stopped and considered my options.  I saw the headlines of some tiny insignificant article in the local paper. Woman Attached By Swan, Alone On Foggy River.  Plus, swans are mean and this one I happen to know has relationship problems, because first SHE had a swan lover and then later that “partner” was gone and I saw her with a goose (I’m not kidding).  Combine this secret knowledge of mine with a long history of being attached (even dive bombed) by crows, seagulls and little black birds, I knew that I was not going to risk running by that swan.  I have this silly idea I want to live a very long time.  The veins, freckles and wrinkles are o.k., but peck marks NO WAY!  So I waited to see if she might move over, and then I turned around and ran back up the river, my long life waiting ahead of me, filled with robin red kitchens, and moss green bedrooms.

Natalie






1 comment:

  1. You are hysterical. I like the way you write and look forward to hearing more about Italy ;)

    ReplyDelete