Studio in the Garden


garden paint studio

We actually had a Spring like day today (shock of all shockers!) and so it got me thinking about a studio space in the garden.  I have no garden and I already have a big studio space so I'm not lamenting.  Just go with me for a moment here and dream what you might do to this shack if it was your studio garden space.

Note there is a chimney so there could easily be a fireplace or wood burning stove incase Spring isn't really arriving.

First I'd fix the roof.  Then I would stucco it rich Italian pink OR gray blue, I would torment about that decision.  I'd put in a hardwood floors, wide planks and stain them dark.  Then I would put in bigger windows, full length and I would frame them in wood, plus the doorway.  Then I would take the left over wood flooring and make a couple big work tables for outside that would be on saw horses, so I could bring them in when needed.  I would have flowers growing everywhere.

Then I would get a bunch of curvy French metal garden chairs with cushions and friends would come by and have tea.  I would be able work outside while they drank their tea and told me all their problems.  I would give excellent advise that was clear and true and they would in turn laugh at my honesty, have a moment of clarity and then later do the exact opposite with their lives.

Yet a lot of amazing furniture would get painted!

What would you do with this shack?  Dream Big.

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment