Happiness - The Simple Life #2



simple life

“They” say that if you display in your home objects that you love and that have attached to them sweet memories it makes us happier.  Isn’t that just a simple and a gorgeous way to live.

a corner of happiness


I notice even that act of displaying them makes me happy.  Here’s what my desk looked like before and believe me, I even cheated some because it was worse then this.

niete speciale


Also if you wake up in a bedroom that is visually unimpeded your day will be better.  Our brains like the freedom that our eyes see. I’m pretty good about the bedroom being free of clutter.  I even make my bed, which is another simple thing to do that makes us happy.  The Italians believe in opening the bed and widows up for a good half hour to air it all out.

crazy joy


My problem is I dump my clothes on one big chair.  I can’t seem to stop doing this.  I even have a dear friend in California who is a psychiatrist and he so mean and told me that I would never change that fault.  So far he has been right (10 years and counting) I can only seem to correct that problem for a few days at a time.

purple and lavender crystal door knob from my childhood bedroom


Here’s a great quote. 

“People change and forget to tell each other.”
-Lillian Hellman playwright (1905-1984)

a stone from the Adriatic

I still hope I will change and then when I do, I’m intentionally not going to tell my friend.  I will just secretly know he was wrong.  I’m so glad he never said anything mean about my maturity level, or I might have to conger up a plan about that!

This leads me to one last point about happiness.  Having a plan makes us happy.  I wonder if this works if it is a stupid plan?

Cheers,
Natalie

I'm linking to:

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that what the chair in the bedroom is for? I do the same thing.

    Hope you had a nice mother's day.

    ReplyDelete